- How can I get a quote?
- I don’t have a vector file yet, can you give me a rough quote?
- Can you draft a vector drawing for me?
- How large can you laser cut / engrave?
- Do you hold stock of all of the materials displayed in the gallery?
- Can I supply my own materials?
- Can I get a sample made up?
- Can you cut metals?
- I need to discuss a job in detail, can I come to speak to you in person?
- Can I cut the job myself?
We calculate by estimating the time needed to complete your work, including all drawing arrangements and laser cutting and engraving. To compile a good quotation, you can take into account the following factors: design costs, size, type of material and the presence of working drawings.
I don’t have a vector file yet, can you give me a rough quote?
If you are not quite ready with a vector file, but just want to get an idea of how much a project will cost (to judge the scope of a project for a client for example,) we can supply an approximate quote, but you’ll need to send us the following information:
- A *2D mockup / sketch of the parts to convey visually the details of your parts. The most important thing for us is getting an idea of the detail of cutting or engraving involved since costs are calculated by estimating laser time.
- You may also send over a photo or image to support your mockup if it helps convey the detail.
- Include the quantity you need as if sending a standard job.
- Include details of the material type and thickness.
- The mockup can be sent in any file type that we can view, a scan of a hand sketch (JPG, GIF, TIFF, AI, EPS, DXF, PDF), a mock-up in photoshop / illustrator, paint, etc…. it’s up to you.
Can you draft a vector drawing for me?
Yes we can. Prices start from €20.00 + vat.
How large can you laser cut / engrave?
Our maximum engraved or cut surface is 600mm x 400mm. However the cut or engraved surface can be part of a bigger sized plate.
Do you hold stock of all of the materials displayed in the gallery?
Not everything, we keep stock of the most readily used materials types, sheet sizes and thicknesses. Lesser requested materials types / larger sheet sizes and thicknesses will need to be special ordered from our suppliers.
Can I supply my own materials?
Yes of course. Not everything is laser friendly though so you’ll need to give us details of the materials you want to work with so we can advise if it’s possible for us to work with them.
If the material is not something we have come across before, we’ll need to test it on the machine so to establish the optimum cutting / engraving settings. You’ll need to provide us with excess material for us to test.
The only material that we can’t work with is PVC (PolyVinyl Chloride) and any other plastics that contain chlorides. This is because the fumes emitted when processing kill the machines! This unfortunately includes a lot of sticky back vinyl so we tend to avoid it.
If you are supplying us with a plastic fabric material you’ll need to make sure you acquire the necessary documentation to demonstrate the material properties and to verify it contains no PVC or any other Chlorides.
Yes, if we can produce a series, you will always get a prototype. Only when you are completely satisfied do we get to work.
We also have samples of all the materials we stock / special order that we can send to you. Each sample is laser cut and engraved to demonstrate the quality achievable with a given material on our machines.
We can’t cut any sheet metal on our C02 lasers unfortunately. However we van engrave. The lasermachine will engrave the surface black. But you can also choose the traditional engraving method: the letters are then engraved in the metal with a diamond marker.
I need to discuss a job in detail, can I come to speak to you in person?
Yes you can, but any visits to the studio to discuss a project need to be booked in advance. Send us a message or give us call to book in consultation time.
No unfortunately not, we don’t offer a self service. Our machines are only operated by our fully trained staff.
Perhaps we will be giving workshops in the future. Please keep an eye on our website.